As per the formal definition of the Isosceles triangle, it is considered to be a polygon that will
include two equal sides, two equal angles, three vertices, three edges and the sum of interior
angles of the triangle will be equal to 180°. Apart from being the Isosceles triangle, there are
several other kinds of classification of triangles as well which are dependent upon the sides and
angles. Every classification will have its properties and further, it can be categorised into the
scalene triangle, equilateral triangle, acute angle triangle, right-angle triangle and obtuse angle
Following are the most important properties of the Isosceles triangle which the kids need to be
clear about so that they can solve the questions very easily:
- Two sides of the Isosceles triangle will always be congruent to each other.
- The third side of the Isosceles triangle which is unequal to the other two sides will be
known as the base of the Isosceles triangle so that there is no confusion at the later
- The two angles which are opposite to the equal sides will also be congruent to each
other which will mean that two congruent angles will be equal to each other in terms of
measure and this particular point is also referred to as the Isosceles triangle base angles
- The angle which is not congruent to the two congruent base angles will be known as the
apex angle of the Isosceles triangle.
- The altitude from the apex angle of the Isosceles triangle will always bisect the base into
two equal parts which will also help in bisecting the apex angle into two equal angles.
- The altitude from the apex of the Isosceles triangle will also help in dividing the triangle
into two further right angle congruent triangles.
- The area of the Isosceles triangle will be half into base into altitude.
- The perimeter of the isosceles triangle will always be based upon the formula of the
sum of all three sides.
- All the three angles that are situated within the Isosceles triangle will be acute that will
signify that angles will always be less than 90°.
- The sum of the three angles of the Isosceles triangle will always be equal to 180° which
will make sure that one can easily find out the third angle if the other two are given and
known to the people.
This particular concept is very much popular in daily life as well and people are surrounded by
different kinds of options which are clear cut examples of Isosceles triangles like the slice of the
pizza, a pair of earrings and several other kinds of things. Hence, being clear about several kinds
of formulas associated with the Isosceles triangle like the area of Isosceles triangle formula is
very much important for the kids so that they score well in the exams and further it is
important for the kids to depend upon platforms like cuemath.com so that they can have
expert consultancy in the whole process very easily.