Implementing an ERP solution is a pivotal undertaking that must be taken seriously regardless of your business. ERP implementation initiatives involve dedication from ERP consultants and cooperation from business executives to achieve success, from financial concerns and establishing ROI to practical factors. While choosing an ERP system for a specific industry, clients should evaluate the size, features and number of users working on the system.
Construction Industry Global Boom:
The construction industry has a huge contribution to the GDP of an economy. For instance, in Canada alone, the construction industry market size was $325.1 billion; in the UK, $445.9 billion; and in the US, 2.7 billion, which is forecasted to show a perpetual growth of 2%. The total global contribution of the construction industry is bustling at 8.2 trillion.
The simplicity of the ERP system:
There’s no denying the fact that ERP implementation is a major undertaking, but it doesn’t have to be complicated. Implementing an ERP system should be a straightforward process with excellent planning and execution, and it should instantly boost efficiency across your firm. Here are some actual ERP implementation best practices to keep in mind while choosing and adopting a solution.
Choose the Best ERP Implementation for a Construction Company
There are three ways that a construction company can implement an ERP:
- build their system from scratch specified to their requirements
- purchase on-premises ERP system
- get a cloud-based ERP system like NetSuite
Benefits of Cloud-Based Systems for the Construction Industry
Oracle-based NetSuite ERP system is a cloud-based ERP solution. As the system is cloud-based and administered fully off-site by the ERP provider, it eliminates the need for costly upfront expenditures in IT infrastructure and servers and the need to devote considerable people resources to operating it in a construction business.
Furthermore, cloud-based systems are often considerably faster and easier to deploy than on-site deployments, and maintenance is much simpler because the cloud-based ERP provider is responsible for keeping the technology current. Most significantly, with cloud technology, product enhancements are effortless—customizations and integrations automatically update with system upgrades—so you can always be confident that your organization is operating optimally. Some of NetSuite ERP implementation benefits can be:
- Obtain executive support and build consensus on ERP Implementation
- Set realistic ERP implementation expectations.
- Focus on human resources and effective project management
- Real-time oversight and control of construction project management.
- Automate invoicing and generate sales/items quotations on the go.
- Manage a large portfolio of separate construction projects.
- Process automation and time-tracking features reduce administrative work and manual data entry.
- NetSuite is a comprehensive system that includes construction accounting, project management software, vendor/subcontractor management, asset management, HR, CRM, inventory management, and other features.
- NetSuite may be used to calculate labor costs/time, manage construction project budgets, track project progress and project tasks, track raw supplies, and anticipate expected completion dates, among other things.
- NetSuite is cloud-based, allowing your staff to work from anywhere, including their home, job site, or office.
- Transfer files and crucial data from one department to another to facilitate collaboration. For example, the accounting team may provide the total raw material utilized for fast invoice production.
- Manage construction projects while on the move.
- For easy project management and completion, control equipment allocation set costs, and assign appropriate resources.
- NetSuite’s straightforward project management capabilities allow you to schedule work, establish deadlines, and monitor project developments in real-time.
Why choose ERP Buddies for your ERP implementation?
ERP Buddies is a North American NetSuite solution provider (Software Vendor) with diverse experience in implementing ERP systems for multiple companies across broad industry verticals with a proper cloud solution. Our experts, assist our clients throughout the entire implementation process with on-site support and consultation and additional assistance in customizing your system functionality to guarantee it meets your business needs. Our professionals are available internationally and make it a point to produce a seamless and good experience for clients, with offices in the United States, Canada (North America), the Philippines, India (Asia), the United Kingdom, and Spain (Europe).
As part of our after-sales services, we provide our clients with 160 hours of quarterly support. We help the client with the licensing process and its implementation and integration. Due to its steep learning curve, we train the client to use NetSuite, which is included in the implementation cost. It takes 66 days to go live. As NetSuite solution providers, we empower our clients fully.